Monday, September 01, 2008

A Simple Crush!

So everyone(read the female species) has crushes on the toast of the season... Hrithik in Dhoom made girls drool and SRK in DDLJ made every girl mushy like a swamp ..
Stangely my crushes have always been the untoasted people of the season...

Akshay Kumar as early as I remember got my heart racing in a dud movie called Dhadkan... I remember my cousin calling him a monkey and me defending him fiercely...
Salman Khan in Khamoshi... one of the few movies where he wasnt displaying his bare torso ...melted my heart
A. R.Rahman asking the reporter on national television what the meaning of the word 'muse' was made me go awwwww
Hrithik Roshan's goofy avtaar in Lakshya made me fall in love with him...
and as I reflect why it was not a Hera Pheri, HAHK, or Dhoom which made me go gaga over these stars.....
Well guess that's because the characters they played were designed to have that kind of an effect on the audience and seemed too contrived.. The characters which I liked had one common quality about them ...simplicity and that was very endearing...
Simplicity as it is said is the peak of civilization...
The musical genuis accepting on national television that he did not know the meaning of the word just reaffirms this fact!

3 comments:

RagzZmatazZ said...

PLs dont tell me you have a crush on Rahman !!! :D Thats quite Sad !!!!!!!!

Saumya said...

Raga Just rewind.. you called akshay kumar monkey :):) and sunil shetty handsome :);)

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.